Dear Zion Family,
Once again thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic together.
In-person worship continues at this time. In-person Sunday (9AM) service will continue and will be live-streamed on Facebook and will also be recorded each week and posted to YouTube as soon as possible thereafter.
Use of Zion’s facilities by approved organizations resumed on Monday, March 8, 2021.
As before, COVID safety protocols must be maintained for any inside activity:
- Wear ing a mask is optional as of 3/7/2022.
- Social Time has been restarted as of 3/20/22
- Keep social distancing in mind when choosing a seat
- Stay home if you are sick or have knowingly been exposed to anyone who has tested positive or had COVID-like symptoms in past 14 days.
The following would be generally what you might expect at our typical worship service -- now modified by COVID-19 guidelines effective March 7, 2022.
When you arrive for 9:00 am worship service, please enter at one of two locations – Hanover Street and Water Street handicapped door. Worship will proceed according to the following guidelines:
Communion will be offered during in-house worship the first and third Sundays of each month as we continue to work through the restrictions placed upon us by the COVID-19 pandemic. As of 10/02/2022, you may elect to receive Communion at the altar or at your seat. If you wish to take Communion at your seat, then please pick up a prepackaged communion kit as you enter the sanctuary for worship and take it to your seat. Both wine and grape juice will be available. At the appropriate time in the liturgy, while remaining in your seat, you will be directed to open your kit which contains the communion elements of a wafer and wine/juice. You can throw away the remains of you kit after service upon leaving church. We are looking at this as one big communion table!
- Masks are optional.
- Hymns will no longer be printed in the bulletins. Hymnals will be used.
- Sharing the Peace will continue to be done while staying in the pew.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Anyone who uses the microphone during the service will disinfect it with a sanitary wipe immediately after they use It and before someone else uses it.
Council will continue to monitor our efforts to offer in-person worship and will re-evaluate our plans based on infection rates. We welcome your feedback and questions. Please contact any council member to discuss your concerns. Stay well and peace be with you.
Peace be with you,